Thursday, October 3, 2013

October what?!

How on earth is it October and how on earth is it Thursday already!! Since I don't have much time to chat, here is what I have been up to this week.
  • Sniffles: Yes, I got sick after this weekend!! I had a head cold and the worst terrible runny nose ever. I never get sick. And from the symptoms I imagine this is what it feels like to have allergies. 'Knock on wood' I'm not developing any!
  • 8 mile run: Monday, even though I was down with the sickness I had to get my run in so I could stay up to date with my training!! For the first time ever I tried Gu Chomps with my run and they were surprisingly delicious and worked! No GI distress and gave me a boost to finish my run strong. I ran another 5 mile and 3 mile this week and now resting for my 10k this weekend!!
  • Working on the house. And packing!! That is obviously the worse part and most tiring. Thankfully we only live one flight of stairs up. With the temperature creeping back up it's been brutal. 
My awesome paintin' pants.



  • Like I said...Packing and more packing. For the house and for our trip home this weekend.


  • Lunch date: One of my best friend's, Ashlie, mom was in town so we grabbed lunch. It was so great seeing her and lunch was yummy!!
  • TWO interviews: I think that is the reason I have been getting a little bit sick. So stressed from interviewing! I'm hoping for good news so keep your fingers crossed!
  • Cooking for the new parents. Our friends Dan and Maggie had their first born so I wanted to provide them with dinner! I made them stuffed shells and made us a batch too :) 
Stuffed Shells (again this is a double recipe, I usually cut in half if it's just for Keith and I)
1 box jumbo shells
2 pounds of ground beef
1 chopped onion
2 Tbsp parsley
1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp garlic salt
2 beaten eggs
2 c (16 oz) cottage cheese
1/2 c shredded Parmesan
1 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese
 1 large jar of marina sauce

Cook and drain shells according to package. 
Brown and drain ground beef. Add spices and let cool.
Mix eggs, cottage cheese, Parmesan, and 1/2 c mozzarella cheese together. Then stir in the cooked beef. Stuff shells and place in baking dish. Pour marina sauce over the shells. Top with 3/4 c mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

Question of the day:
How has YOUR week been?!

Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Yum that's so nice of you!!! I love you paintin pants!! Feel better!! Colin had a head cold last week and Tommy had the flu. A third grader threw up in the middle of my computer class. I'd say it's going around! Haha!

    ReplyDelete