Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Cookie Craving!

Mmm I have been craving some chocolate and in the baking mood! Today I made chocolate chip cookies- I always use the recipe on the back of the package.. today I substituted the all purpose flour with whole wheat flour. And the two eggs with 1/2 cup of applesauce!

Chocolate Chip Cookies:
2 1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c butter (softened)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 c granulated sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c applesauce
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate for an hour.
Bake at 375 degrees.




I have to admit they weren't as good as all purpose flour and eggs but they did taste great!! And felt a little less guilty.

Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies right out of the oven are my weakness!!! Such a comfort food for sure!

    ReplyDelete