Thursday, September 5, 2013

Stuffed Peppers

My dad gave us eight pounds of ground beef so I wanted to make a meal with some beef and I have been craving some stuffed peppers! Of course you can make them vegetarian or with chicken. I have only made stuffed peppers once and used Jess's Stuffed Peppers recipe. It was a really easy recipe and they turned out great!! Luckily because we had company over- that might be the last time I try a new recipe with guests. Recipes that require me to cook a few things at once, with people watching, equals stressful.

This time I decided to revamp and make my own version!!

Whitney's Stuffed Peppers
1 lb, ground beef
1 package quinoa
4 green bell peppers, slice in half and hollow out the seeds
2 (8 oz.) cans, tomato sauce
1/4 c onions (I added a little hot peppers too- peppers in peppers?!)
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
Shredded cheese to top

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Brown ground beef with onions.
Bring a peppers to a boil for 2 minutes. Drain and set green bell peppers upright in a foil-lined 9x13 dish.
In a bowl, mix beef, quinoa, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder.
Spoon equal amounts of beef mixture into peppers.
Mix second can of tomato sauce with Italian seasoning and pour over stuffed peppers.
Bake for 40 minutes. We like to sprinkle cheese on ours too!






I made them early yesterday, and took Keith one for dinner before tailgating! Nom nom.

Cheers, Whitney

3 comments:

  1. Yum! They look good and not too hard! I may try this with ground turkey or chicken. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used ground turkey last time- turned out great!!

      Delete