Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 2 & 3

Day 2: I am thankful for the role I've played as a volunteer. I am thankful I have the time to give back to my community and help children. I volunteer at Kid's Heart Felt Health. We go to elementary schools every other week after school to educate them on healthy eating and the importance of exercise. Last week we made personal pizzas from scratch topped with vegetables. Of course they loved it! I love going back the following week to see what they remember and how they've applied the knowledge!




Day 3: I am thankful for a place called home. Ohio. Findlay, Ohio. I love going home. Some of my absolute favorite people liver there. Both my parents and grandparents live there. I am fortunate to have a solid group of friends from high school and we always get back together whenever we all travel back. It's always a nice escape to head home to the country and simple living.

Photo credit to my sister, Georgia.

My dad's farm.

What is a role you've played that you are thankful for?
What is a place you are thankful for?
How was your weekend?!
Mine was great. We went camping with new friends and cheered on the Carolina Panthers to a win!!

Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Love your volunteer job! More schools need those healthy volunteers! :) such cute kids :)) love it!! I'm glad you had fun camping!!!

    ReplyDelete