Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 21

I am thankful for a roof over my head. This is definitely something that's easily taken for granted. Recently there was some nasty, devastating storms near my Ohio family. Destruction of homes, people injured. Not only do tornadoes and storms scare the crap out of me!! But I'm thankful for the safety of my family and friends. And that they have a sturdy roof over their heads.
I remember when I was younger every time there was a tornado warning or even a storm brewing I would cry! Like you know how dogs sense storms and go hide in the shower.. that was me. They still give me bad anxiety. I fear thee destruction they can cause.

On a brighter note! I'm thankful for our parents homes that we get to visit this next week. I will be spending the next two days cleaning and packing for our trip home for Thanksgiving!!

Have any of you been a victim of a inclement weather or destruction of a home?

Cheers, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment