Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 19

First of all, happy birthday to my beautiful mother!! I can't wait to see you next week!




I am thankful for the Happiness Project book. I read it not that long ago but it definitely has been sticking in the back of my mind. I'm always thankful for reading something that opens up a passion or inspiration in me, or opens up eyes.
To recap it again- it is about a woman who is happy with her life but wants to be HAPPIER. She takes a whole year to focus on her happiness and each month she focuses on a specific aspect of her life. When I was reading this book I took notes and looked at different areas of my life I would like to put more energy in to.

Side note: I think this book would be great for people wanting to make changes in the new year, and stick to them!

The Resolutions I would like to focus on are: (some are taken from the book or quotes from the book that I liked)
  1. Energy- get more sleep; act more energetic;
  2. Marriage-  “Go to bed at the same time- more sleep, sex, or a conversation.”  “Each married couple should have an outdoor fame, like tennis or golf, and an indoor game, like Scrabble or gin,that they play together.”   “Both men and women the most reliable predictor of not being lonely is the amount of contact with women.” And use our Love Languages
  3. Family- Be a treasure of happy memories; make time for projects; keep in contact
  4. Friends- Remember birthdays; make new friends; be generous; show up
  5. Money- Buy needful things; give something up
  6. Work- Pursue a passion; make steps; partnerships
  7. Play- Things I enjoy: scrapbooking, outdoors, reading, photography; “Studies show that each common interest between people boosts the chances of a lasting relationship and also brings about a 2% increase in life satisfaction"
  8. Attitude- be kind
  9. Religion- keep a gratitude notebook; invest time into the bible
  10. Health- keep up my running routine; try new things; eat
I didn't quite come up with 12, one for each month, but it's a start. She put a lot of effort and research into her resolutions. It doesn't have to be that elaborate. But I think focusing on certain aspects, that we know and want to improve is a start and can make a huge difference!
I mean who doesn't want to be happier?!

What would you focus your happiness project on?
Do you have any book suggestions?

Cheers, Whitney

2 comments:

  1. I just got caught up on your blog, I love it! You have been sharing so many things that I've always wanted to do like run a half, start a blog and cook more. Thanks for being such and inspiration and motivation to start moving towards doing these things for myself! P.S. your house is adorable! Hope you and Keith are enjoying Charlotte (from reading here it seems like you are), so happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It means a lot to me :) I'm glad you enjoy it. You should definitely take the leap and start one. I would love to see all your baking creations. Your so sweet and positive, you would have so much to offer to readers! Miss you and hope all is well!!

      Delete