I am thankful for the Happiness Project book. I read it not that long ago but it definitely has been sticking in the back of my mind. I'm always thankful for reading something that opens up a passion or inspiration in me, or opens up eyes.
To recap it again- it is about a woman who is happy with her life but wants to be HAPPIER. She takes a whole year to focus on her happiness and each month she focuses on a specific aspect of her life. When I was reading this book I took notes and looked at different areas of my life I would like to put more energy in to.
Side note: I think this book would be great for people wanting to make changes in the new year, and stick to them!
The Resolutions I would like to focus on are: (some are taken from the book or quotes from the book that I liked)
- Energy- get more sleep; act more energetic;
- Marriage- “Go to bed at the same time- more sleep, sex, or
a conversation.” “Each married couple should have an outdoor
fame, like tennis or golf, and an indoor game, like Scrabble or gin,that they
play together.” “Both men and women the most reliable predictor
of not being lonely is the amount of contact with women.” And use our Love Languages.
- Family- Be a treasure of happy memories; make time for projects; keep in contact
- Friends- Remember birthdays; make new friends; be generous; show up
- Money- Buy needful things; give something up
- Work- Pursue a passion; make steps; partnerships
- Play- Things I enjoy: scrapbooking, outdoors, reading,
show that each common interest between people boosts the chances of a lasting
relationship and also brings about a 2% increase in life satisfaction"
- Attitude- be kind
- Religion- keep a gratitude notebook; invest time into the bible
- Health- keep up my running routine; try new things; eat
I mean who doesn't want to be happier?!
What would you focus your happiness project on?
Do you have any book suggestions?