Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October bucket list wrap up!!

Morning ya'll. This past weekend I wrapped up my October Bucket List!! I checked them all off but one. I would say that's a success. October was a good and blessed month!

Hiking
This past Saturday we went camping with friends we met through our church and that live close to our new house!! We drove 40 minutes to Lake Norman State Park. It was a great time!!
We grilled out over the fire for lunch and dinner. We hiked around the lake. With the colors of fall in full bloom. It was so gorgeous!! It rained for just a little bit but we stayed dry and warm for most of the night.
First time putting up a tent. Lets just say I'm thankful it stayed up all night!









& of course we had s'mores!!

Fall Recipe
Like I said I've been dying to try spaghetti squash. And they were only a DOLLAR at our grocery store! I used some fresh yummy vegetables and turkey sausage I had.
I was surprised how much it made so tonight I will try to make a spaghetti squash bake.

Spaghetti Squash
Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds and pulp
Bake rind up at 350 deg for 40 minutes. Scrape baked spaghetti squash with a fork.

Cut up sausage and dice up cucumbers and tomatoes. Cook in a skillet with coconut oil.
Top baked spaghetti squash with cooked vegetables and sausage. Sprinkle on top with Parmesan cheese.






Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! Looks beautiful! I remember driving by Lake Norman on our way to Hilton Head and it was always so gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete