Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 8, 9 & 10

Woo I've slacked this weekend. But it was all in the name of spending time with my husband this weekend! We had a weekend with zero plans so we were excited to finish up a few things around the house and enjoy ourselves.
I just have to share this picture. Friday night we had our friends Dan, Maggie and Wesley over for dinner. Sonny has never been around a baby before. He was SO confused!


Now it's time to get back on track to my challenge. The Thankful Project!! Even our church is celebrating the months of thankfulness and a time to be gracious. Check it out here!!

Day 8
I am thankful for the words I love you. I don't think you can say I love you to the ones you love and care about enough. I tell my parents and friends every time we talk, I tell Keith multiple times a day and I tell my cute kitty too. Sometimes I can't believe that some people never hear these words. One of my favorite movies Love Actually (which is a great holiday movie!!), in the first scene says "Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around." 
I absolutely love this. I am thankful for love and getting to experience love every single day! ..That was a kinda mushy one, huh? 

Day 9
I am thankful for this photo. Words cannot express how much I love my dad and everything he has done for me. This picture is so precious and dear to my heart.


Day 10
I am thankful for the memory of childhood adventures with my cousins. First of all- my mom is one of five and my dad is one of seven. On my mom's side I have 12 first cousins. On my dad's side I have 11 first cousins. And both sets of my grandparents live on the same road, which is a road over from my house. While my sister and I were the only local grandchildren we still have a good relationship with all of them.

My cousins on my mom's side all live out of state, from Florida to Washington state. They usually visited once a year in the summer. These were the most exciting weeks of summer. We would always go to Cedar Point, Amish country, swim in our pond, and make many ice cream trips. We don't see them as much anymore, most are in college/working all over but I will always treasure those memories!

My grandparents on my dad's side lived close to a farm so we were always visiting the sheep and cows, playing in the hay mounds or four wheeling. We always stayed the night at my grandparents too, even though we lived right down the road but it was always wall to wall sleeping bags and movie night anytime we were together. I remember crying my eyes out every time we had to leave and say bye. I have younger cousins now and it's funny to see them do the same now.

I am truly thankful for such a large, close family on both sides. Unfortunately I'm not home so I can't bless you with all the cute adventure pictures from my childhood but here are both sides from my wedding.

My mom's side. We are missing a few cousins here.

My dad's side.

Question of the day:
Are you ever thankful for 'zero plan' weekends?
What are you thankful for this weekend? I am thankful for the amazing fall weather we had this weekend and the quality time I got to spend with my husband!

Cheers, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment