Tuesday, November 5, 2013

The Thankful Project: Day 4 & 5

An experience that I am thankful for is my time as a dietetic intern. I don't even know in simple terms how to describe the process of getting one but 50% of people who apply actually get one. So just that I got one was such a huge blessing. But that I was able to be a 'distance intern' was a even bigger blessing. Keith moved to Charlotte in August and I was able to finish my internship in Charlotte with him! As a distance intern I was able to find my own rotations, no matter where they were. So I did some of my time in Findlay, Ohio where I could live at home and then finish my internship in Charlotte, NC to be with Keith.
A lot of people are shocked when I have to explain that we don't get paid for this, we actually pay to be an intern! And you are there from 9-5, so it's difficult to hold a job too. But when you are done you are then eligible to sit for the RD exam. I must say the experience is so beneficial before the exam. When I was studying I always thinking of examples and experiences I had that I could relate to the exam questions to help me remember them. It ended up paying off when I passed on my first attempt!
Being a dietetic intern taught me a lot about perseverance (when I had to contact a million people to get a rotation), how to be a professional and all the awesome opportunities and career paths dietitians have. I will forever be grateful for that experience!

A talent that I am thankful for.. I have always struggled with this. Do I have a talent? What is a talent? Don't get me wrong I have a lot of qualities about myself that I am thankful for. But a talent. I am not an artist, I don't sing, dance, or write. This Thankful Project is supposed to challenge me, right? So I can already see the good in this project!
After some thought.. a talent I am thankful for is ability and love to cook!! Food is obviously such a big part of our lives, we eat food everyday! So I am thankful that I can successfully make yummy and healthy meals me for my husband and I.






Cheers, Whitney

2 comments:

  1. You are a great cook!! Not only do you cool yummy things, you cook healthy things!!! Definitely a great talent! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many talents Whit. :) Proud of you for expanding on this one! Love you!

    ReplyDelete