Saturday, August 10, 2013

Check, check, and check.

The weekend was off to a great start! Last night we enjoyed some left overs, grilled bbq chicken Keith made while I was away and sweet potato fries (they need some revamping before I post my recipe!), and we caught up. We also made a Redbox and brew run- we stocked the fridge with Shotgun Betty, pink moscoto, Angry Orchard, and the usual Bud Light.
We watched Gangster Squad, it was really good but I always love a movie with Ryan Gosling in it ;)


Today our first check off the list was a 2 mile run for me and a 30 minute bike ride for the both of us!! It felt amazing after my little vacation this week.

Post-workout snack. Whole wheat bread topped with peanut butter and peach Activia! 

Second, we knocked off all the errand running... Baptism present, alteration pick up, Redbox drop off and library book pick up. Check, check and check!

For lunch we grilled these amazing chile lime chicken burgers! They are from Trader Joe's and topped with this greek yogurt guacamole is amazing!!! We cooked out and enjoyed them by the pool.




The pool was packed today!! It was 90 deg out so I'm not sure what else you could do today in this heat! Woof. I heard it was nice and cool in Ohio, wishing it would head down this way too.

After the pool we cleaned up and went out for dinner! We tried a place that we have not been before, Salsaritas! I know it's a chain but I have been dying to try it and it was delicious!!

I got two chicken tacos! So big and yummy, I could only eat one.


Keith got the chips and guacamole with a HUGE quesadilla!! 

Delicious! It might be a top contender when we are hungry for Chipotle or mexican! 

Now it's time for more staying in and snuggles. (We were going to go on a night walk but there is a huge rain cloud hanging over our heads! Meh, get outta here.) I can't wait to see what Sunday brings!! We already have church and house hunting on the list!

Question of the day:
What is your favorite way to spend the night in with your significant other?

Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a productive Saturday!! Love your dinner outfit tan girl!! :) enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete