Monday, August 5, 2013

Class is Cancelled

Unfortunately my yoga class was cancelled today. It was cancelled an hour before the class so I had already prepped my pre-yoga snack. This was something new I tried today.. It included plain Greek yogurt, spinach, pineapple and mango chunks (frozen and thawed), fresh strawberries, splash of milk and lemon juice. It was actually really delicious and filled me up. 


I love this bullet- easy to clean and quick but it doesn't break up the fruit very well. I might need to invest in something else, suggestions?

It doesn't look that appetizing but it was!!

My apartment complex offers free yoga, on Monday, and kickboxing classes, on Tuesdsays, which are my two favorite workout classes to attend! I love work out classes- they are fun and help keep you accountable! And there is nothing better than yoga on a Monday- helps me re-balance after an indulgent weekend and get focused for the rest of the week.




Since class was cancelled I did some yoga at home. I did this Tone It Up yoga workout twice through! Not as satisfying as my yoga class but it felt great! All the twists are so detoxifying!

For dinner I made Chicken Tortilla Soup!! This recipe was served one of my bridal showers and it was amazing!! 
I highly recommend soup and salad bars for any get togethers. 

Chicken Tortila Soup
2 c canned/cooked chicken
1/4 c margarine
1/4 c flour
2 c chicken broth
1 c milk
8 oz of velveeta cheese, cubed 
2 cans 10 oz rotella tomatoes (look at how spicy they are)
1 tsp cumin 
1 tsp chili powder

In a Dutch oven or big pan, melt butter over medium heat, and stir in flour to make a thick paste.
Slowly stir in broth and reduce heat. 
Stir in velveeta cheese, tomatoes, chicken and spices!
Cheese and tortilla strips to top!


** I used queso cheese instead of velveeta cheese because well... Trader Joe's doesn't sell velveeta! I thought queso was a good compromise and similar consistency when melted. AND after I made and ate the soup I remembered I forgot the milk, haha. It was SO delicious so I guess you don't really need the milk! 

Question of the day?
What is your favorite way to fuel up before a workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment