Friday, August 16, 2013

On the road again!!

Last night we went the to White Water Center to see an Ohio band, Red Wanting Blue perform. I only knew one or two songs but they were awesome! & The venue there is gorgeous! It is definitely one of my favorite places we have been to in Charlotte.


I was in dog heaven. We also loved watching some of the whitewater rafting teams and kayakers go by.




We are on the road for the next two weekends!! Our good friends Heather and Marc are getting married this weekend back in Keith's hometown.

One of Marc & Heather's beautiful engagement photos.

I am so excited to see some of our college friends. We saw a few at our wedding but even that seems too long ago!! Heather and Marc are having the same wedding colors as we did, coral and navy, so in this season! I'm excited to see how they use the colors, I'm sure it will be absolutely gorgeous!!

I have done the usual planning, snack packing and prepping for the travels. This weekend we also have our niece's baptism. On the menu is appetizers!! So I am making loaded baked potato dip, served with potato chips. It is the bomb! (again my aunt made it for me while I was in Hilton Head Island) She said it is even better a few days after it's prepared. So I made it today and it should be perfect by Sunday.

Loaded Baked Potato Dip
1- 16 oz. sour cream
2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
8 slices of bacon- cooked and crumbled
6 sliced green onions
Salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste, optional

Mix everything together and enjoy with potato chips!





This dip is seriously DELICIOUS! 

Oh and I made myself a little BLT. Nom!

Questions of the day:
What are your plans this weekend?

Do you have a go to dish that you make for parties?

Cheers, Whitney

1 comment:

  1. Yum that looks good!!! I love BLT's!!! :) I'm catching up on your blog I've been to numerous meetings and spent numerous hours in my classroom this week! Have so much fun this weekend!! :) safe travels!

    ReplyDelete