Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brinner

Three posts, one day?! Sorry people, I just had to share this recipe- especially with the weekend coming up. We are running low on dinner supplies here. So I scrounged up the essentials for BRINNER!! (Breakfast for dinner = brinner) Our good friends, before we got married said we must register for a waffle maker! So we did and it might be our top five most used wedding gifts.
Here is my delicious and healthier, than the box mix, waffle recipe.

Oatmeal Waffles
1 1/2 c. flour
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 1/2 c milk
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1 c quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs, slightly beaten
6 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine


In a large bowl, stir together dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, combine, milk, eggs, butter and sugar. Add dry ingredients and blend only until moistened. Pour onto a heated a oiled (sprayed) waffle iron. Bake 4-5 minutes. (my Bella waffle maker lets me set the done-ness I want).
Top with fruit, yogurt, syrup or honey.
Makes approx. 4 waffles. I cut this recipe in half when it's just my husband and I eating.

Dry ingredients.

Egg, milk and melted butter.

(Obsessed with my Kitchen Aid!)


Plus scrambled eggs (one whole egg and two egg whites) topped with pico de gallo I made the other day, turkey sausage and cantaloupe!

Even Keith helped with dinner tonight :)


Questions of the day:
What are you travel rituals?

What are your favorite breakfast foods?
I usually have yogurt, oatmeal (Overnight Oats!), or cereal topped with fruit for breakfast. With a side of coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment