Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday's come too soon..

This weekend was definitely a recovery weekend and it felt wonderful, for my body and my mind! Don't get me wrong I love a few happy drinks and enjoying myself with friends over the weekend but dang it feels good to go to bed by 10 and wake up at 7 am!! We got so much accomplished all weekend and relaxed, which was my ultimate goal. Check!

Yesterday we spent the day house hunting and scouting the area we are looking at. There are some amazing shops around the neighborhood we are looking at and very close to a lake. With a little taste of the country.. winding roads, horses and trucks. Makes us think of home in Ohio, which I love. House hunting gets us very excited but also very nervous!

Left overs were what was on the menu yesterday, salsaritas and chicken burgers. Which is fine with me. Do you like left overs? I do! I think some might even taste better the next day. However, today is grocery shopping day once again. Every week I feels like it sneaks up on me and I wonder how we are out of food already! I actually enjoy doing it but I also despise all the planning that goes into it... What sounds good? How many meals will that last? What are we doing this week, traveling?... Especially when cooking with fresh foods, you don't want to buy too much so it spoils but don't want to have to make multiple trips.

Today I'm making the pizza my aunt made me while in Hilton Head. It's pumped full of veggies and delicious!

Vegetable Pizza
1 can pilsbury pizza dough
1 cup fresh mushrooms (microwave for two minutes to drain the water)
1/2 a thinly sliced zucchini
1/2 a thinly sliced tomato
1/2 chopped red pepper
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Shredded cheese to preference
Chopped basil to top

Prepare pilsbury pizza dough as instructed. Sprinkle chopped garlic over the crust. Top with cheese then vegetables. Sprinkle with a little more cheese. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted. Top with basil.


Microwave the fresh mushrooms before putting them on the pizza!



Before.

After! Forgot the basil but it was still yummy and Keith approved!

My cooking partner :)

Question of the day:
What are your favorite left overs?
I like spaghetti and chili best the next day!!

Cheers, Whitney

4 comments:

  1. Your new neighborhood sounds like a dream! I am so happy for you and Keith. My favorite food as leftovers is pizza..but usually there is never any leftover. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big leftover fan, but some things are better leftover! I'm such a big salad eater and salads are usually soggy leftover..boo. Haha! That veggie pizza looks amazing and I'm sooo glad you found an area like home! Lake?? Me likey that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I saw your sister while I was grocery shopping yesterday at Walmart! :) Made me excited to see you in 11 days! :) YAY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha very true- salad dressing would have to be left on the side to savor it for another meal. Yes very close to a lake so you better come visit :) Can't wait to see you either! I'm counting down the days.

      Delete