Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Recipe for a Happy Life

Just had to share this..I have finished my fourth book this summer! This past read was called, 'A Recipe for a Happy Life'. It was a easy, light summer read. It wasn't the best book I've read this summer but I definitely recommend it! This was my favorite page in the book...

Recipe for a Happy Life

One cup of love
Two cups of friends and family
One tablespoon of understanding
Two tablespoons of compassion
Three teaspoons of generosity
Mix together and serve with a dash of humility. The recipe won't work out the same each time, but the important part is that you try your best and enjoy yourself.

The gist of the book is a middle-aged woman who is at a lull in her life. She spent time with her grandmother who always reminded her whenever she was negative or not giving into her true happiness that that was NOT the 'Recipe for a Happy Life'.
I could not agree more with this recipe! I think I'm going to have to remind myself of this more often. With this current lull in my life between school, job searching and moving away from home I find myself sometimes becoming down and stressed instead of looking at the new and exciting things going on in my life! I think I can also apply this to my relationship with my husband. As newlyweds we are discovering a new way of living and ebbing and flowing as a family. I know there are many more years of obstacles and great times but I think if you keep these guidelines at the forefront of your life and relationships, you will have be so much happier!!
Question of the day:
What is your recipe for happiness?

Cheers, Whitney

No comments:

Post a Comment